4 DAYS DESERT TOUR FROM MARRAKECH TO MERZOUGA
Desert Tour Itinerary
DAY 1 : MARRAKECH – AIT BEN HADDOU – DADES VALLEY
We will pick you up from your hotel to start your adventure with an unforgettable drive from Marrakech to Dades Gorges across the High Atlas Mountains. Ascend through the (2,260-m) Tizi N’Tichka Pass and see beautiful villages suspended on the flanks of the mountains. Then we proceed to Ouarzazate through the implacable stone desert, to visit the Kasbah of Taourirt, and the well-known film studios. After lunch enjoy your drive through the Dades Valley along the famous one thousand Kasbahs Road, driving through the fascinating town of Skoura, and on to Kelaat Magouna, famous for its roses. After you arrive at Boumalne Dades, enjoy dinner and settle in for the night.
DAY 2 : DADES GORGES – TINGHIR – ERFOUD – MERZOUGA
Depart in the morning for the ever-shifting landscape of the Merzouga dunes. After the oasis of Tinghir, travel through palm groves towards the Todra Gorges. Here, limestone cliffs appear like an opening, carved through the spectacular peaks of the Todra Massif, before diving down to the flat bed of a river. The peaks rise up to (300 m) above Todra gorges, which meanders from its source in the High Atlas Mountains. Walk through the gorges and palm groves at leisure. After lunch, continue to the palm groves of Tinjdad and Erfoud. The tour will then continue to Merzouga, where you will enjoy a camel ride through the fascinating dunes of Erg Chebbi. Pause to watch the beautiful sunset and see the sand dunes shift like moving sculptures in the form of draperies. Watch as the colors vary according to the intensity of the light, and see how they act like the living walls of the desert, the highest reaching a magnificent (150 m). Spend a magical night under the stars in nomadic tents.
DAY 3 : MERZOUGA – TAZZARINE – AGDEZ – OUARZAZATE
Wake early for a camel ride to watch the impressive sunrise. Then head back to the hotel to freshen up and have breakfast. Depart towards the Palmary of Tafilalet and the town of Rissani, where the Alaouite Dynasty originated. Explore the ancient capital of the Alaouite Sultans before continuing to the village of Alnif, where we will take the road that crosses the Jbel Saghro Anti-Atlas chain. Notice the grayish-black mountains of different and remarkable shapes as you continue to the main Berber village of Tazzarine and N’kob and then drive in to the Draa Valley with its rows of stately palms. In the late afternoon, drive to Ouarzazate via the Anti-Atlas Mountain, through Tizi N’Tniffift. You will spend the night at a Riad or Kasbah in Ouarzazate.
DAY 4 : OUARZAZATE – ATLAS MOUNTAINS – MARRAKECH
Leaving Ouarzazate in the morning, we will visit a registered UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Ben Haddou, the most impressive Kasbah and well-preserved fortress in Morocco. The site has been the location for many film shoots including “The Mummy,” “Gladiator,” “7 Days in Tibet,” “Alexand er the Great,” and “Babel. ... Leave Ait Ben Haddou and heading towards the majestic Atlas Mountains. Crossing the high Atlas Mountains via the highest road pass in Morocco Tizi N’Tichka 2260m high, offering impressive views over valleys, mountains and many other Berber villages nearby. Arrive in the evening.
|NUMBER OF PEOPLE||2 People||4 People||6 People|
|PRICE PER PERSON||390 €||245 €||185 €|
|ADULT||CHILD (3-11)||INFANT (0-2)|
|120 € / PER PERSON||50 %||Free|
MARRAKECH TO MERZOUGA DESERT TOUR OVERVIEW
Drive deep into the Merzouga Desert across the Atlas Mountains on this 4 days Morocco tour from Marrakech. Experience nomadic life in desert tents and ride camels across the dunes of Erg-Chebbi. Discover famous film locations, See historic Kasbahs, drive through stunning gorges, and spend the night in a nomadic tent.
MARRAKECH DESERT TRIP TO MERZOUGA INFO
- Duration: 4 Days & 3 Night
- Departure: 7/8 AM
- Starting location: Marrakech
- Ending location: Marrakech
- Free arrival transfer(Marrakech Airport - Marrakech hotel)
- Transportation (A/C comfortable 4WD/minivan/minibus)
- Professional English speaking driver during the trip
- Accommodation in typical hotels, riads and tents
- Breakfasts and evening meals
- Pick up & drop off at your accommodation in Marrakech
- Camel trek to overnight in nomad desert camp
- Sunrise and sunset camel treks
- Berber music show / Entertainment
- Visit to nomad and Berber families
- Sand boarding
- Visit fees when applied
- Visit the sites such as Kasbahs, Canyons, Breaks for photos...Etc
- Travel Insurance
- Beverages & Lunches
MARRAKECH DESERT TOUR TO MERZOUGA HIGHLIGHTS
- Drive into the Merzouga Desert, crossing the Atlas Mountains
- Experience the simple life of Saharan families
- Ride camels across the dunes of Erg Chebbi
- Sleep under the stars in a Berber tent in Merzouga
- Drive through the dramatic Tizi N'Tichka Pass
- Discover the magical landscape of the Dades Valley & Atlas Mountains
- See the site of dozens of film shoots at Ait Ben Haddou
- If the itineraries that we offer do not match what you're looking for, contact us and we will prepare the trip to your needs and requirements.
- If a long Camel trek & overnight in the camp is not for you can still enjoy the sunset with a shorter camel trek and spend the night in the Hotel.
- 50% off for children under 12 years with maximum 1 child per family