Marrakech to Erg Chigaga
Those who admire the silence and tranquillity of the desert, and want to truly immerse themselves in this dramatic landscape to escape the stresses and strains of modern existence could consider this exciting 4 days Marrakech to Erg Chigaga Sahara desert tour.
- We will start by the Mountains of High Atlas to experience a smooth journey
- After that, you will get time to visit the world heritage in Ait Ben Haddou’s Village
- Next, we will drive by the fortified Kasbahs of Draa Valley
- You will experience a camel ride in dunes of Erg Chigaga along with an amazing view of sunset there
- Night stay at the Desert Camp which will be settled in the mid of nowhere
- Experience an amazing scenic Drive across lake of dry salt
- Meet the Berber nomads
Day 1 : Marrakech – Ouarzazate – Zagora ( 7 H Drive )
Your tour will begin at 7.30 am with pick up from your Marrakech accommodation. You will ascend into the High Atlas Mountains and make your way over the Tizi Ntichka Pass enjoying wonderful views and stops for refreshment and photography along the way. You will visit the UNESCO listed Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou before enjoying lunch in Ouarzazate. Next, we'll drive across the Draa River, at the foot of the Anti-Atlas Mountains, past Berber fortified kasbahs, palmeraies, and quaint plantations of vegetables and henna, to reach Zagora. You will enjoy dinner and a restful night at your Zagora hotel.
Day 2 : Zagora – Mhamid – Erg Chigaga ( 4 H Drive )
After breakfast the next day, we'll drive on to the village of Tamagroute where you will have the chance to visit one of the oldest Quranic libraries in Morocco, the underground kasbah and pottery factory. Then you will continue on to M'hamid (where the paved road ends). There, you can enjoy lunch at your leisure. Early in the afternoon, you will be taken towards the Erg Chigaga dunes. You will encounter many different and varied desert features along the way. Upon arriving at the silent Erg Chigaga dunes, you will take a camel ride and enjoy a dramatic sunset over the softly shifting sands. Later on, you will then enjoy a campfire-side dinner and entertainment from local nomads under the stars before overnighting at the restful desert camp.
Day 3 : Erg Chigaga – Foum Zguid – Ouarzazate ( 6 H Drive )
After breakfast the following morning, you will cross Lake Iriqui, following the route of the old Paris Dakar rally and making your way to Foum Zguid, the first village after the desert, where the paved road begins. After lunch, you will continue to the Berber village of Taznakht, which is famous for its carpets and rugs. Late afternoon, you will arrive back in Ouarzazate where you will enjoy dinner and an overnight stay in your comfortable hotel.
Day 4 : Ouarzazate – Ait Ben Haddou – Marrakech ( 4 H Drive )
After breakfast, we will visit the 'Hollywood of Africa' film studios located just outside the settlement. Many blockbuster films were made in this area. Finally, we will transport you back to Marrakech, back through the mountains on the Tizi Ntichka Pass. Lunch, depending on time, will be served at Ait Ben Haddou or in the mountains. You will be dropped off back at your hotel or riad.
- Hotel or riad pick up and drop off (or to closest available point if the place is not car accessible).
- Travel in an air-conditioned modern 4x4 or van, with English speaking driver/ guide.
- Accommodation at your first night's hotel in Zagora. (Private air-conditioned ensuite room, dinner and breakfast.)
- Sunset and sunrise camel rides in Erg Chigaga.
- Private tent accommodation in the Sahara Desert Erg Chigaga camp. (Shared bathrooms and showers. Dinner and breakfast included.) You can upgrade to an ensuite tent when booking for a cost of $125 per person.
- Final night's accommodation at Hotel Les Jardins in Ouarzazate. (Including dinner and breakfast.)
- Beverages and lunches
- Entrance fees (if applicable)
- Local guides (if applicable)
Things to Remember
- The price per person of this tour will depend on how many people there are in your party.
- The pickup time for your tour can be flexible, however, the distances to be covered are rather long, so between 7.30 and 8am is highly recommended.
- A 4x4 can be used comfortably to transport four adult passengers. A family of six with small children can also be accommodated in a 4x4.
- Local guides and entrance fees (if applicable) are NOT included. You pay for these directly to the suppliers.
prices for private tours
Private tours are organized in luxury vehicles with your own private driver
|NUMBER OF PEOPLE||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax|
|PRICE PER PERSON||440 €||360 €||295 €||270 €||265 €|
+ 6 People Request Quote
Get in touch
- Email us
- Tel: +212 - 666 - 168 - 288
- Office +212 - 524 - 201 - 616
- Nº 11 Imm C CIBAM II
Ave Moulay Hassan, Gueliz, Marrakech