Desert Tour from Casablanca
Savor every taste of Morocco on a one-week Morocco Desert Tour from Casablanca. From paying homage to Casablanca’s legendary classic to the mystical Marrakech.
Starting in the metropolitan Casablanca, we will sweep through to Chefchaouen and Roman ruins of Volubilis before we reach Fes, the Athens of Africa. Next up is Morocco’s legendary Sahara desert to ride a camel in the dunes, sleep under the stars in a Bedouin camp and drive past lush green oases and canyons before you end your tour in the mystical city of Marrakech.
- Visit Casablanca and its state of the art Hassan II Mosque
- Drive to the blue city of Chefchaouen
- Visit the Roman ruins of Volubilis
- Walk in the labyrinthine Medina of Fes
- Drive across Morocco Sahara desert
- Ride your camel and spend the night in a nomadic desert camp
- Cross the High Atlas Mountains to Marrakech past Berber villages
Day 1 : Casablanca – Chefchaouen ( 5 H Drive )
Day 2 :Chefchaouen – Fes ( 4 H Drive )
Day 3 : Fes City Tour
Day 4 : Fes – Midelt – Merzouga ( 7 H Drive )
Day 5: Merzouga – Boumalne Dades ( 5 H Drive )Today will have an early start for those who don’t want to miss the sunrise. After breakfast, we will launch our day with a drive to Rissani. Your day in Rissani will be marked with a trip to the historical locations of the Mausoleum of Moulay Ali Cherif, the founder of the Alaouites Dynasty, and maybe another trip to the famous dates market. We will then continue to Tinghir, one of the Sahara desert oases famous for having hosted Jewish communities until the 1960s. You will also join a local guide who will introduce you to the Mellah, the old Jewish quarter, and from there continue to the oasis of Todgha, where you will be given the chance to take a walk along the stream under the shade of the oasis tree, and witness the daily life activities of the local Berbers. Continue to the Todgha Gorges where you will have some time to chill and maybe have lunch there at one of the local cafes. In the afternoon, we will head to Dades valley and then to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day6: Boumalne Dades – Ait Ben Hadou – Marrakech ( 6 H Drive )After breakfast, we will take off and drive across the 1road of 1001 Kasbahs and the Valley of the Roses. If your tour coincides with the spring season, you will have the chance to witness local ladies' artisanal rose water distilling workshops. After this, you will also have the chance to visit the famous oasis of Skoura, where you will walk to Kasbah of Amridil, one of the most preserved Kasbahs in Morocco, to learn all there is to know about the Kasbahs architecture, the lifestyle that distinguishes the Sahara desert, irrigation techniques and costumes. We will then carry on with our trip to Ouarzazate where we will have lunch, before we hit the road to Marrakech, we will make one more stop and visit the UNESCO world heritage fortified village of Casbah Ait Ben Hadou. It is famous for being a used as set for various Hollywood blockbusters, fashion magazines photoshoots, as well as world-known brands commercials. Our drive back to Marrakech will be through the High Atlas Mountains and Tizi Ntichka pass. You will arrive in Marrakech late in the afternoon and your Chefchaouen to Marrakech tour will come to an end with a drop off at the door of your hotel, riad, or any other destination of your choice.
A/C modern 4x4 or van driven by an English speaking driver/guide
First night in Chefchaouen Riad including dinner and breakfast
Second night at a Fes Riad including dinner and breakfast
Third night at a Fes Riad including breakfast.
Fourth night in Merzouga Sahara desert camp including a camel ride, dinner, and breakfast
Fifth night in Dades Valley hotel including dinner and breakfast
Local guide in Fes, Tinghir and Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou
- Beverages and lunches
- Entrance fees (if applicable)
- Local guides (if applicable)
Things to Remember
- Pick up from Casablanca could be at Mohamed V airport or any hotel in the area.
- Should you wish to tailor this Tour to your interests and timetable, please let us know.
- Tour price per person depends on how many participants there are at your party.
- Driving times above do not include stops for sightseeing, photos, lunch, and cafe.
- Entrance fees to historical sites are not included.
- A 4x4 can seat up to 4 adult passengers comfortably if there are 5 participants and up, a van will be used for your tour
- Pick-up time for your desert tour can be flexible. Between 07h30 and 08h00 AM is highly recommended.