Toubkal Ascent and Desert Trek
Take a dramatic Hike to Toubkal Summit and a road trip to Morocco Sahara desert on this 5-day adventure combining the best Morocco is known for the Atlas Mountains and the Sahara Desert! Get a feel for the local culture as you sleep in the High Atlas Mountain huts sharing a loaf of bread with the Berbers, and desert camps in Merzouga learning how to play Tamtam drums with the nomads.
- Summit the highest peak of North Africa: Mt Toubkal
- Experience the Berber lifestyle through rugged mountains and Berber villages
- Explore the Game of Thrones and Gladiator scenes in Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou
- Discover the red sand dunes of Erg Chebbi on the back of your camel
- Stay in Sahara desert camp like a nomad
- Admire the dramatic change of landscapes from the Atlas Mountains to the Sahara desert
Day 1 : Marrakech – Imlil – Toubkal
Day 2 : Toubkal – Imlil
Day 3 : Imlil – Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou – Boumalne Dades
Day 4 : Boumalne Dades – Rissani – Merzouga
Day 5: Merzouga – MarrakechEarly morning wake up to watch the sunrise (optional), followed by breakfast and a camel ride back to the camp operator’s lodge. Meet your driver for a long ride back to Marrakech past Ouarzazate and the High Atlas Mountains. Your Atlas hiking and Sahara desert tour will come to an end at your Marrakech riad, hotel, or a location of your choice.
Private transfer from Marrakech to Imlil ( A/C modern vehicle )
Local licensed English / French speaking mountain guide for Toubkal ascent trek
Mules for luggage and meals transportation in Toubkal
Overnight at Toubkal refuge
Meals and mineral water (full board) during your Toubkal hike
The second night a Toubkal lodge in Imlil
Pick up from Imlil village on day 3.
A/C modern 4×4 or van driven by an English-speaking driver /guide for the desert part of the tour.
Third night at Auberge Panorama or Hotel Babylon (Private A/C ensuite room) with dinner & breakfast.
Sunset camel rides in Erg Chebbi.
- Fourth night at a Sahara desert camp located at the edge of Erg Chebbi ( Private tent ) with shared bathrooms – Showers available in the morning at the camp operator’s lodge – Dinner and breakfast are included.
- Upgrade to a deluxe camp with an ensuite tent available upon booking your desert tour
- Beverages and lunches
- Entrance fees (if applicable)
- Local guides (if applicable)
Things to Remember
- Tour price per person depends on how many participants there are at your party.
- 2 days Toubkal hike requires some trekking skills, especially in the snowy winter.
- The main difficulty for most people who climb Mount Toubkal is altitude sickness and if you're new to trekking then you may well struggle.
- Driving times above do not include stops for sightseeing, photos, lunch, and cafe
- Day 3 driving back from Erg Chebbi to Marrakech is pretty long. Please be prepared for it
- A 4x4 can seat up to 4 adult passengers comfortably if there are 5 participants and up, a van will be used for your tour
- Local guides and entrance fees (if any ) are not included. You pay for those directly to the suppliers
- Pick-up time for your desert tour can be flexible. Between 07h30 and 08h00 AM is highly recommended.
- If you wish to experience sandboarding in the dunes of Erg Chebbi, there are a few sand boards in the lodge to take with you to the camp. Just ask for it and if available, you will be given one.